Office 365 & SharePoint Online
One of the product offering from Office 365 is SharePoint Online…The great thing about SharePoint Online is that you don’t need to know any setup/installation hassle… Microsoft does that for you.
Click here to Sign-up Office 365 in the Middle east region
- Microsoft Manage the product…no hassle for enduser 🙂
- It’s easy to add workflow to a list, you just click on one of the ribbon options and you can open up SharePoint Designer to do this.
- SharePoint 2010 has a great search engine.
- Create sites and page easily
- Works with your active directory (You need to setup the ADFS..click here to read more)
- Over 75 web parts to choose from including Excel and Visio web access.
- Email enable lists and libraries are’nt permitted
- Third party add-in programs restricted..(maybe in future)
- Migration from On-Prem to O365..depended on third party tools, as Microsoft don’t provide their own tools to do this..and a bit painful task
- Email receipients limit
- Cannot open PDF at one click…you have to download and then open it
Expecting to improve these in the future to get a better platform as more and more end user demands increases..!!